Friday, September 25, 2009

Life Together-- Better than Ever!

Hi Friends,

Sorry for the delay in posting!  Life has been to the fullest.

We've been busy, but that's not new for us.  :)

There have been some big and exciting changes I'll give you 4 items. :) 

1. My amazing time with the Dover Family came to an end.  Wow, one of the toughest decisions I ever made was to transition away from working with adorable, amazing Ella and her awesome family.  However, God is faithful and if I follow where  He leads me, I will be rewarded and  my family and I will prosper. 

Where is He leading?  It's hard to say. Right now I'm working as a "volunteer" for New Life Church. I work about 25-30 hours a week (super busy because of all the new students!) and I love it.  It's a great ministry for me.  I coordinate all the programming for "Phase 2". Phase 2 is the programming and services for grad students, working singles, young professionals, etc. Basically anyone who isn't in undergrad and doesn't have children. We're not exclusive though, :) We welcome everyone.   I love that I get to meet with people to talk about their spiritual journeys, introduce them to the God that I love and serve, and discipling people to continue to grow in their relationship with Christ.  It's pretty great.  I also love the work I do for small groups and for the P2 large meeting.    

I've also been fortunate to support two different women through Doulas Care. 
I love working as a doula and it's such a privilege to be a part of their pregnancy, labor/delivery, and postpartum time.  Every birth, is a miracle.  It's hard to be a part of a pregnancy or birth and not believe in an intelligent Creator.  Just leaves me breathless and in awe every time.  

2. Josh's job is going great.  Work has been a little slow but it's still there (Technically this isn't a change).  He got some SUPER exciting news this week- he'll get to go visit the actual boat that he build a 1:1 scale model of!  He'll be making 2 trips to Norfolk to see the boat, do some work on it, etc.  I'm really proud of him.  He's worked so hard on this project and has just done great things.  Yeah husband!  

3. We adopted 2 cats!  We had the intention of only adopting one cat, however, the logic of 2 cats keeping each other company, the cute over load factor, and the fact that the adult cats were "BOGO" :), we couldn't resist!  

a. Zippy!  He's thirteen, a big guy and solid black with huge yellow eyes.  He lives up to his name.  He may be elderly (roughly 82 in human years!) he super playful, adventurous, and demanding (attention, food, etc).  Last night I got home from the hospital super late (at a birth) and I found Zippy on the bed staring at Josh while he slept, waiting for any sign that he might get pet at sometime.  :) He's a fan of catnip, maybe more than just a fan.  He took a little longer than Posey to warm up to his new home, but it was understandable; he had lived with the same family for all of his 13 years until they were evicted from their home and he had to go to the shelter.  He's doing great now.




b. Posey!  Posey 7 seven, very petite, and is a frisky kitty.  She loves to play with.. anything.  She's adorable; multi colored, seems to be missing about 2 inches of her tail, and is deaf.  We didn't know she was deaf until recently.  She was at the shelter as a stray so they just gave her a name.  We thought she wasn't answering to her new name because she wasn't used to it, so we were yelling random names at her and waiting for her to respond to one of them.  We started noticing small things- she didn't come to us even if we were shaking a can of treats, she didn't respond to whistling, snapping, "here kitty, kitty"-ing, etc.  She was immune to things like my hair dryer, the washer/dryer, music at obscene levels, AND on a  hot day, we even found her sitting directly in front of a noisy box fan basking in the breeze.   


Anyway. They're super cute and I hope we can provide them with the home and love they deserve.

4. Random event update!  We've been fortunate to get to travel some, we went to St. Ignace again for Labor Day, and this adventure included a short stay at a B&B that was completely off the grid!  It was powered by a 10,000 watt (? kwatt?) windmill and batteries.  It was neat.  We also took the Buick down a couple of two-tracks, through  some no-tracks that were so small that with the windows down we both had bushes coming into the car, and through some canyons.    We got to go to Cedar Point with our friend Stephanie  and ride some awesome rides!  While we were there, we also got to go to a Family Force 5 concert (!!) and a TobyMac concert (!!!!!!).  It was an awesome day.  Phase 2 has had some rockin' picnics and we've met a lot of new people.  This Sunday, we're going to a combine derby with our friends Erin & Justin and Erin's parents. :) That will be a blast too.

Married life is going great!  We love it.  It's work, work it takes a lot of time, but it's also fun, a great representation of God and His love for us, and a million more things that I never expected.  




1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara-Marie!
    My work is hiring if you wanna get back into the AIDS social work world, or if you know anyone that does.

    I'm glad you are doing well.
    - jason

    ReplyDelete