Thursday, April 9, 2009

Every bride is different. Some organize by having big binders that the stuff things in, some use a post-it note system, some do everything online, etc. Similarly, all brides panic about different things. Location, attendance, gifts, colors matching, food, anything, really. I haven't figured out what my panic "thing" is yet but I'm sure I will.

When Josh and I met with Jack Brown, the person who is performing our wedding ceremony, he told a couple good stories about people who did panic. One was about a bride who refused to get out of the limo, not because she didn't want to get married but because she didn't want everyone looking at her (valid!). He also gave us some tips on how to avoid disasters at the altar. He suggested:
-Extra chairs in the front in case someone in the wedding party gets light headed and needs a sit.
-Tissues (allergies, or "allergies" ahem.)
-Water bottles
-Something like a paper bag or manual fan might have been suggested too.

He also recommended having everyone be aware of good places to throw up are and how to escape gracefully if needed. :) I like Jack.

I've liked Jack since 1995 and am blessed beyond measure that he has agreed to be the person to assist Josh and I in making our vows to God and each other.



Josh and 4 of his 5 grooms people got fitted for tuxes today and let me tell you, I've had to tighten my chastity belt another two notches-- just in case. :) Purity safe, I can tell you Josh looked so good!! (How many days to go?!!) He also did a great job making decisions and organizing his men.

My parents came to the tux fitting and enjoyed meeting all of the groomsmen. My mom is determined to remember their names and little things about them. Tonight they were remembering their names based on what they were wearing.. hopefully the little things about them will stick in their minds. :)

After the fittings, Josh and his 4 out of 5 groomsmen headed off to Bible study. Mom, Dad, and I went out for dinner! :) We had Chinese. I always get the same thing at the place we go- Rainbow Tofu. i luv tofu. It was a lot of fun (as usual!) and we got to catch up some. The night ended on an "AWWWWWW" note when my parents got matching fortunes from their fortune cookies that said, ":) happiness accompanies you wherever you go :)"

Josh and I should be so blessed to be like my parents and have happiness (each other) accompany us wherever we go. :).

Two of our friends Shawn and Nichole made a promise to not spend a night apart for their first year of marriage. Nichole says they've made it thus far and have no plans that involve them being apart.

Josh and I thought this was great. :) We'd like to say we could do a whole year, but I've already committed to being away for one week in August (Hello Michigan Congregational Summer Camp!) but other than that, I think we might try to give it a go. :) Thanks Shawn and Nichole for the great idea.

2 comments:

  1. Your parents make me happy! Well, I've never met your father and can hardly wait for that day! :-)

    I think that's interesting, not spending a night apart for the first year of marriage. That sounds like a great foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's great that you're going to try the one year thing too. we also try to make an effort to go to bed together each night as well. i have really found that those few minutes of random chatting before you go to sleep is so nice for maintaining "closeness". i hope you find it as beneficial as well!

    also, we can't take credit for the ideas. we heard about them from another couple. :)

    ReplyDelete