Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Never again!

Last night was a long night. Josh and I are just about ready to do the envelopes for our invites (fingers crossed that at least the first wave will go out Thursday or Friday!) and that means we needed to nail down the guest list.

After the first pass, we had about 45 more people than we could invite. It was devastating. I had no idea what to do, so I called my mom. We called my mom because it was my fault we were so far over. I had such a hard time figuring out who to ask to celebrate from afar. My mom was helpful in that when she sent us her address list, they were separated in to people we had to invite due to their placement in the family tree and who we didn't have to unless we wanted to. Also, when it came down to the actual removal of people, she let me know which groups were brothers and sisters, etc.

Anyway.

It was stressful. I was almost in tears about a dozen times. I was grumpy (sorry Josh..). But we figured it all out. A lot of the people who we decided we couldn't invite to the wedding are instead invited to a bridal shower and they will be given a lot of compensatory hugs.

I wanted to invite everyone, but in the wedding game, it's just not possible.

Josh suggested we elope that way no one gets invited and it's much more fair. A lot less like a wedding we imagined, but a lot more fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment